Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Dinner overload! Hariyali Murgh and Chicken biriyani

Had Hariyali murgh last night but my camera died just as I was taking the photo so I had to juice it up before I could post. Unfortunately I fell asleep before I could post! So without further ado, here is, Last night's dinner:



Hariyali means greenery (as in spring's verdant). Its a standard tomato based curry but with a cup of mint leaves and a handful of coriander roughly chopped and tossed in. That's mixed pickle on the side (commercially available at Asian stores) not too spicy and you get your vitamin C requirement! To make yellow rice add a few pinches of turmeric and mix in before cooking.
I ought to have tossed in the greens last; the hariyali doesn't seem verdant enough!


Tonight's dinner



Chicken biriyani with mixed salad (olive oil, mustard, forest honey, and lemon for dressing) and vanilla yogurt (with a dash of greek forest honey) on the side.

No comments: