Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Masala Bhaat!

Masala Bhaat

Augh! Gotta stop using the dark coloured plates they show fingerprints!!! :(

Maharashtrian food tonight! (Maharashtra is the state Bombay's in)

Bhaat is Marathi for rice. I'll try to post the recipies as and when I have time. So here goes tonight's:

Heat some olive oil add a tsp of mustard seeds, a dozen currey leaves and 2 Kashmiri chillies.
Toss in a couple of chopped potatoes, fry around, add a fourth tsp turmeric, a half a cube of (MSG-free) chicken stock, stir add some garam masala and a bit of chilli powder as per your taste ( I use Biryani masala powder from Ambari Suhana - www.pravinmasalewale.com). Grate in an inch of ginger, add the rice, stir well, add water and cook as usual. That biryani masala is really delicious (my granny sent me some from India).

2 comments:

Dulwich_News said...

You should write a cookbook!! your food looks delicious.

Anonymous said...

This is only the 16th BLOG I've placed a link for regarding the following idea...

http://just-one-day-of-peace.blogspot.com/

What are your thoughts? comments?